Thursday, December 25, 2008

six

Isaiah 9:6 : "For to us a child is born, to us son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."
Today is the day that believers celebrate heaven on earth, manifested in Jesus Christ. I heard an interview on the radio with a man who was asked why he celebrated Christmas, his gentle response stunned me because he didn't hesitate for a second, his answer was genuine and natural. He said "As a believer I have to celebrate. It's the beginning of everything I know and love to be life. How could I not celebrate the Savior of the world coming to earth?" Wow. I pray that my mindset will always be centered around the fulfillment of this precious promise from God. In His infinite, unfailing love for his children he sent Jesus to reconcile us back to himself, that we may know his glory. I find myself in awe today as my little brain tries to wrap around the gravity of Christ's life here on earth. He came for you and for me. He is the embodiment of a love that we can't comprehend but we are freely given. Through faith, we have been made pure before the Father. There is no greater feeling than being able to enter the presence of the Creator of the Universe, and simply say thank you for more than words could ever express. Simply, thank you. This precious Father that we serve, he moves hearts towards Himself. He desires for the world to know his glory. It is because he sent his son for us, that we are sent to the nations to tell the good news. [Matthew 28:18-20: Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."] This savior that was promised to us in Isaiah, he has come! And he is alive and well.
[Merry Christmas.]

No comments: