Thursday, December 4, 2008

significantly insignificant

I am significant because the Creator of the universe loves me. His spirit dwells in me because I am His child. I am set apart. Because of the cross, I appear before him pure and righteous. I am significant, not because of any of my own efforts, but because I live in the light of God's vision and his unconditional abounding love. I am insignificant in the fact that I am very, very, very small in the grand scheme of this place we call the Earth-even smaller in the grand scheme of the universe which my Creator imagined and breathed into existence. I stand at a height of 5'6", He is in the height of the heavens and lowest of depths [psalm 139:8].
The way of the world teaches us to put ourselves first, to focus on ourselves and I think that in our humanity we get caught in the lie sometimes that it's about us. It's not. When we fall into that thought, we begin to put ourselves first and suddenly life is revolving around our circumstances. The Way is exactly the opposite. We are called to be humble people. [Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3]. God guides the humble and teaches them his way. That's a promise in Psalm 25. That's truth that I want to cling to and live in. My heavenly Father is stirring vision and life in me that is way bigger than me. It's bigger than all my efforts, it's bigger than all my love, it's bigger than my wildest dreams, it's bigger and it's His. He is in control. His spirit dwells in this small heart of mine, and at the same time He is calling out stars one by one. I serve a big God. He is strong. He is mighty. He is power. He is justice. He is peace. God loves his children, and I can't help but be humbled at how great is love is for me when my life is but a moment in the span of eternity. And in the end it's not about me. It's all about Him. He is eternity's song.

No comments: