Monday, December 1, 2008

"bless her heart..."

I'm quite positive that's what about 15 people were thinking as I tried to walk through a door in Lowder today... It was windy & cold when I left my apartment this morning so I was bundled up with my green scarf (as high up as I could get it around my neck before it began to cover my face), my long winter jacket buttoned up, and my collar popped in an attempt to keep myself warm. I made my way to Big Blue for a guaranteed delicious breakfast. Finished my great bagel, filled up my coffee cup, got bundled up again and plugged my earphones in to finish a podcast I had started listening to during breakfast. You know those times when it is windy outside and you don't mind the wind because it's nice and calm? Well that's how I felt leaving Big Blue, I was enjoying the wind, I actually found myself being thankful for the wind and the way it helped to wake me up on my walk to Lowder. You know those times when it is windy outside and you don't even really want to be outside because you find yourself walking straight into the wind and you cant really take deep breaths because the wind steals them away with it's bitter chill? Well that's how I felt about 10 seconds after I started to be thankful for the wind. So my pace quickened and I pulled the door open, only to find myself pulled back and doubled over because the cord for my earphones had caught on the lock of the door. Well of course in my graceful fashion I let out a loud "hey-o" into the quiet hallway which was met with people turning to laugh and other people looking at me with the "bless her heart" look- you know the one. The story gets better no worries. There was a girl walking behind me towards the door and I'm choosing to believe that she didn't see me pulled back or doubled over because she would not have chosen to do what she did. I'm guessing that she thought I was not strong enough to open the door, so in her servant spirit, (let me remind you my earphone is still laced up between the locks on the door- halfway still plugged in my ear) she pulls the door all the way open which pulls me into her. Needless to say, at this point I am fully embarrassed. We both start laughing, joining in to the laughter and "bless her heart" looks already happening in the hallway. I finally get my earphone cord untangled and proceed to my first class. Welcome back from the break. Hope you had a great Monday.

2 comments:

han said...

i love that i know exactly what that "hey-o" sounded like. haha! hate it when that happens...

Brandy said...

I feel as if that would have been an awesome youtube video! How Embarrassing!!! :)