Friday, December 26, 2008

5

I continue to find God in the thread. A lot has changed this year. In this season of my life, change has been closely followed by brokenness. Being broken sounds so negative. I pray that this thought isn't overwhelmed with a sorrowful tone. This broken feeling that I have come to know over and over again throughout the past year has allowed God to be the mender of me. He gently took the parts of me that had been broken and sewed them back together. With each stitch instilling a deeper knowledge and understanding of who He is. I still don't have an answer to every question or for things that have happened. But as I learn daily to walk in faith and obedience, I am also learning a lot about trust. And I am learning what it means to trust him with all the parts of me. Even the ones that are broken and don't seem to fit. And as I walk in the light of who He is, I begin to see more thread. I look at all the different pieces joining together in ways I never imagined and I see more evidence of Him in this vessel that he has gently mended back together to look more like him.

No comments: