Monday, December 22, 2008

9

"But what do we mean when we talk of God helping us? We mean God putting into us a bit of Himself, so to speak. He lends us a little of His reasoning powers and that is how we think: He puts a little of His love into us and that is how we love one another. When you teach a child writing, you hold its hand while it forms the letters: that is, it forms the letters because you are forming them. We love and reason because God loves and reasons and holds our hand while we do it." C.S. Lewis This is a paragraph from Mere Christianity that I read recently and it beautifully articulates what my life looks like lately. I don't know the answers to a lot of questions right now, but I'm learning. And in my learning I will fail at some point, but the good news is that in my failures there is grace. And in my failures I learn more and more how much I need Him and how He is molding my heart to look more like His. God is gently taking my hand and writing out this beautiful story for me. I pray that I will always find comfort when my palm rests securely in His own. That I recognize the humble surrender it takes to live for the sake of His kingdom, but in that surrender there is freedom and abundant joy.

No comments: