Tuesday, September 16, 2008

imagination

But as it is written,
"What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him."
.1 Corinthians 2:9. [Isaiah 64:4]
Last night I was talking with a friend about the future, as we were talking he referred to the comfort and encouragement of this verse. How precious and unthinkable is the truth that resides in those words. Sometimes I can get really overwhelmed thinking of what my near future looks like. In May I will be moving somewhere to intern, then in August I will graduate from Auburn. It's very surreal to even think about that, much less type it out as a reality.
I can dream big, think of endless possible geographic locations I could be, think of people I could meet and places I could be serving, stir up new ideas but because He desires the best for His children- He dreams and plans bigger. I love that, based on the truth in that verse, my heart can't even imagine the things He is preparing me for. Not only for post graduation, but for today, for tomorrow, for Japan... I'm thrilled.
What is He preparing you for?
How is He evident in the stillness and in the busiest of days?
How is He using your interactions to shine light into your world?
Where is He in your day?

No comments: