Thursday, September 4, 2008

a classical guitar and an empty milk carton

i'm sure that these two things in the same sentence make absolutely no sense to anyone else but today both are sweet/funny reminders of my dad to me. he came to visit and take care of me this past weekend. but this morning as i was trying to decide what to eat for breakfast i opened the refrigerator and laughed out loud when i found an empty milk carton sitting in front of a full one. my dad had fixed his coffee right before he left and out of habit i guess placed it back in the frig. people do funny things, and i thought this one needed to be shared.

[daddy if you're reading this-know i love you & i hope you're laughing at this too]

almost four years ago i was talking to my dad about how one of my life goals was to learn how to play the guitar- not with the intention of pursuing a music career, but to be able to sit in my room and just play. my dad revealed to me that he still had his classical guitar from high school that i could have and learn to play on if i wanted to. of course i gladly accepted his offer! well last night my guitar [i'm going to have a name for it soon] FINALLY got new strings thanks to my friend zach benson. it took us about an hour and a half to restring and tune the thing, but he was really patient and explained every step to me. i hope that you find reminders of Love and people that you love around you often. whether it's a place, a picture, a smell, a breeze, a smile, a sunset or a song.

No comments: