Thursday, January 15, 2009

fully convinced

I was reading yesterday and have yet to get my mind to process much without thinking of these verses. Romans 4:20-21 says this:
No distrust caused him [Abraham] to waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised.

I can't help but think that is what you and I are called to. That's faith. May I be fully convinced that my God is faithful and able to fulfill his promises. May I be fully convinced that his word is truth and life. May I be fully convinced that my doubt doesn't waver his faithfulness. May I be fully convinced that glory belongs to God alone. May I be fully convinced that he loves me. May I be fully convinced that his grace is sufficient in my weakness. May I be fully convinced that he has begun a good work in me. May I be fully convinced that he has blotted out my transgressions for his glory. May I be fully convinced that my God is able.

I beg to be fully convinced moment by moment.

No comments: