Wednesday, January 21, 2009

day 6

[day 6] laughter
In our small groups before the meetings started we split into groups to pray. A precious lady from Korea named Myoung-Seok prayed over the group of 4 women I was seated with. All of the women I was with were missionaries in Japan and it was an honor to sit and pray over what God has for each of our lives as we press forward, led by His call to the nations. Myoung-Seok prayed in her native language: Korean; I didn't understand a word that she said, but I felt the Spirit as close as my heartbeat in that moment. I stepped out of our time together refreshed by exhortation and encouraged by the evidence of Love in each of their lives. ...
This day in particular we laughed a lot in our classroom. Mainly because of Timothy:

Timothy discovered that when he stuck things up his nose Mrs. Janice and I couldn't help but laugh. He thought it was funny too. I love the imagination that flows from children. Simple things can become extraordinary:

stories: epic adventures

play dough: a boat filled with fish

blocks: a tower to a castle

toy cars: race cars that could drive on the walls

Mr. Potato Head parts: fit in Timothy's nostrils too

They are always so curious and eager to learn. I hope that my spirit will always be eager to see God in fresh ways, to let him dream bigger dreams and to step out into His majestic story.

snapshots from play time this day:

No comments: