Monday, October 13, 2008

red shoes. vanilla chai. orange/brown leaves. gray hat : good day

this weekend was filled with good conversation, quality time and lots of laughter. i'm still baffled at the daily reminders God gives me that he cares about my heart and my life, because i'm his child. i feel like i've been running a marathon for the past few days... [re-cap] friday: grace campus staff leaves for HK, long day o' classes, fun-filled afternoon of bingo at morningside, dinner & TCBY with my friend Casey. [playing bingo at morningside was one of my favorite afternoons there so far. my sweet friend grace wasn't there on friday so i met a new group of ladies and one gentleman who LOVED bingo. problem: they don't hear very well & sometimes i have trouble speaking clearly, esp. after 2 hours of sleep. so we got in this great rhythm after a couple rounds where i would say "B - 4", someone else would repeat me and then I'd say it again. they liked that system- otherwise there were arguments over the sounds "50" and "60"... they dont joke around with bingo. AND there were prizes involved on friday which made it more competitive. what were the prizes you ask? i was hoping you were wondering... hot chocolate mix, kit kats, mini snickers and fruit snacks- the winner of each round got to pick one treat. then right before dinner i decided everyone should get a treat for putting up with my lack of pronunciation. i am starting to really love these folks, they make me smile.] saturday: great conversation with my friend Tracy, football game [i still love my tigers], breezeway and The Great Debators sunday: cornerstone, time with Court, small group girls at Trinity- high school girls are hilarious- our time together sunday was really wonderful. we sat in 1 Corinthians 16:14, "Do everything in love.", for almost the whole hour. its a beautiful experience for me to walk along side these girls as they begin to embrace the gospel and the Lord reveals how applicable it is to their lives. after church i went to drop something off at my friend Catherine's apt and left hours later with such an encouraged heart. [recap concluded] ...despite all my running around the past few days, my spirit has felt so refreshed. there is a stirring that i can't articulate, but i just feel the Lord is about to reveal a lot in me and i'm excited about what is to come. i'm sorry if these thoughts are scattered, but know that life in Auburn for me is beyond beautiful right now. still learning to live day to day. still learning how to stand in the dark and love. still loving every moment.

No comments: