Sunday, October 5, 2008

pink heart

i woke up really early this morning for some reason.
around 6:00 to be exact... i love the mornings, but this was still a bit early for me.
anyways: i grabbed my journal and my bible and got tucked back under my covers.
[side note-when i got up to get my journal i had also opened the top drawer to my desk and grabbed a pen and a pink skinny marker. why in the world i grabbed this marker is beyond me, but i did none-the-less.]
i wasn't sure where to begin this morning, so i spent some time just really asking God to breathe a fresh breath of Himself in my lungs and in that same moment sitting under the weight that His word is living and active.
i opened my journal and all i could think of was drawing a heart. i know, it seems completely lame and somewhat elementary but i couldn't shake this image from my mind. i tried to dismiss the idea and opened up to isaiah 54, which speaks of the love of the lord, specifically in verse 10 :
"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed." says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
i wrote this down and then flipped back to galatians 5. this chapter has been a real foundation of what the Lord has taught me this year. it's a resounding declaration of freedom and call to live a life of love. i began to read down and got to verse 6 and my thought of a pink heart all made sense to me. galatains 5:6 reads:
"...the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love."
this morning the Lord drew me in close to His heart with a fresh reminder of His everlasting, perfect, never-ending, unconditional love for me. my life, my faith, must be an expression of His love. His love is living water to the thirsty, its a breath of fresh air to the drowning, its a dance for the one bound by chains, it's His love that brings any good into this world. His love alone that is constant.
[yep, i really drew a heart in my journal:
i felt it only appropriate to remind myself
that He weaves my thoughts and understanding
together perfectly, so that i may know His heart.]

No comments: