Friday, October 17, 2008

Ms. Lu

I have a GTA [graduate teaching assistant] for my government class named Ms. Lu. She is in her mid-30s and she is from Vietnam. I've never seen her without a smile on her face. Most of the time I wish that she would teach our class, but for now I just enjoy the few times that she gets to speak. Well, Ms. Lu has discovered YouTube. Her favorite new activity on Friday mornings is to play us a video to "wake yous up for the Friday morning class". I'm telling you, this lady is precious. The first week she played School House Rock: "I'm just a bill" : very appropriate and relevant to our class. Week 2: a video from OK Go : not so relevant to our class, she said that she thought it would make us dance Week 3 [today]: Carrie Underwood : "Last Name" : there was no explanation for this video, I walked into the classroom and the video was almost half-way over and had to contain my emotions to merely a smile. Everything in me wanted to laugh at the humor of the whole situation, but I kept my composure. I just wonder what she thinks of America. And if she listens to Carrie Underwood on a normal basis...So many questions. Needless to say, this morning started out fantastic thanks to Ms. Lu. I'll keep you updated on her discoveries on YouTube.

No comments: