Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Vanilla Chai and Meg

Monday morning I had the chance to sit with my big sister Meghan and talk through how our time at home had been [we were both there for a weekend]. Breakfast with her was really fantastic. I had a huge cup of vanilla chai at my new favorite coffee shop in Huntsville: Stern's Coffee, and I had an hour of uninterrupted genuine time with Meg. The only set back of that morning was when I walked into Stern's the people working there thought I was a complete moron. Part of being in coffee shops for long periods of time is that you begin to watch people come in and how they interact with the people there. Well, Monday morning it was very obvious that I was the newbie. My first brilliant move was when I walked in and completely missed the menu which was about 3 feet x 4 feet plastered on the wall behind me. So in my most brilliant moment I looked at the kind woman taking my order and asked to see a menu, she didn't say a word and just pointed behind me. I slowly turned around feeling like I was shrinking as I turned. My eyes jumped around the 8000 options of coffee and syrups and special drinks they offered till I found the chai section. My heart was so happy! [Mind you: there are about 5 'regulars' standing behind me in line giving me the "would you please just kick it into gear and order please" look] After ordering my drink I decided to find a table in hopes that I would handicap my genius self from making everyone aware that I had no clue how to navigate my way around Stern's. Shortly after my grand entrance Megs showed up so our breakfast could begin.
I really cherish the one on one time I get to have with her because those opportunities are usually few and far between. She is one of the few people that have always been constant in my life. She is one of the people I can be completely honest and vulnerable with and trust her to do the same with me. All that to say: Monday started off beautifully because of Vanilla Chai and Meg.
Here are some snapshots of my time at home:
Life is funny. Sometimes you just have to embrace the humor.
Airplane: the roles are reversing.
MC: I'm kind of obessesed with her.
Peaches.
Lots of driving.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

i love this! and i'm so happy for you and this weekend too.
and who's that hot guy in the first picture? ahhhh j/k