Friday, August 8, 2008

The next week:

This week has been just fantastic: Christi came home from HK and I convinced my teacher to let me take my final late so I could go hang out with her for a few days- she's an amazing friend, I hope you have the chance to know her someday, school is over for the summer (aka: one week break till school starts again), SYTYCD Finals ...Katee and Joshua's lyrical piece was my dance of the year. I'm kind of sad the show is over, but I guess that's the beauty of YouTube, I can re-watch dances over and over again the whole year. I didn't realize how crazy busy the next couple of weeks are going to be until I was telling one of my friends about my plans. There are definitely pros and cons to my out of town adventures, one of the great things is that I am going to be able to spend lots of time with my immediate and extended family. I haven't seen my immediate family in what seems like forever so I am looking forward to some time to be able to sit and talk with them and then I get to travel down to the beach to visit my dad's side of the family. They have an abundance of family photos that I am itching to look through and copy. My dad's mom passed away when I was a baby so I have only known her through my dad's stories and the few pictures we have of her. I am looking forward to hearing more stories about her and my grandfather. The down side to all my traveling is that I have so many wonderful friends that are about to move that will still be in Auburn and I will be missing some quality time with them. But hopefully I'll get some good time with them when I'm back in town. Another exciting thing about being home is being able to talk to my family about Japan!!! I absolutely can not wait. The entire process was just undeniably of the Lord and I'm baffled by how He works through the details of my life and just weaves them beautifully together when I least expect it. I really need to sit down and write the story down, but that will need to be on a day when I have some time to think and process through everything. Now I need to go enjoy the gorgeous day outside.

1 comment:

Biscuet said...

i'm gonna miss you. our time together is getting very slim. but i'm also glad you get to spend time with the fam. tell them i said hello.