Thursday, August 28, 2008

i was in class today and my teacher said something more thought provoking than i think he even knew. he said "an individual's identity is highly correlated with their purpose." i had a conversation with biscuet this morning over breakfast about this very subject. it is something that is hard to articulate sometimes, but the truth is that if our identity is in Christ, it is constant. when we remove culture, people, normalcy-God is still constant, our identity is still constant. i began to think about how true that is for me as a believer. that my identity in Christ is/has to be highly correlated with the purpose of my life, which is to bring God glory and join Him in His vision to see His renown across the globe. i think it's crucial that we understand and discover our identity, for any identity apart from Him is a broken cistern.

1 comment:

rebekah said...

awesome...

also, i always loved moments like that in school when something would be said/i would read something totally benign and God would just slap me in the face with revelation from those things. it always excites me.