Sunday, October 4, 2009

today's the big day

There is something so special about wedding days. But today is extraordinary because today, my best friend is marrying Mr. Mike Bailey. The ceremony is one she's always envisioned, and is sure to be nothing short of gorgeous. As I write this, Trace is probably getting her hair/make-up done and checking the clock to see if the hours would just rush to 6:00 already. I can just picture in my head all the last minute details being tied together and everyone bubbling with anticipation as the day unfolds. Mike & Trace are such a joy to know. You don't have to be in a room with them very long to know that they care deeply about one another and have so much fun together. It has been so neat to watch them walk alongside one another in their relationship so far and I feel blessed to call them friends.
[Pacey: I need you to know how absolutely thrilled for you today. I wish I could be there beside you running last minute errands and making sure you have a Diet Coke close at hand. I hope that today is everything you have hoped it would be and more. As much as it saddens be not to be there with you on this milestone day, I couldn't be more happy for you and am excited to walk through these next months and years as you and Mike experience life as husband and wife. Thank you for being the friend you are to me. I love you so much.]

No comments: