Thursday, October 29, 2009

wed nes day

These boots were made for walkin', and since I had a lot of walkin' to do Wednesday, they made their debut. The morning was full of reading and preparing for bible study Thursday morning at Island ECC. I met Vivien for lunch at Festival Walk. And after a few minutes of deliberation in the middle of people scurrying all around us in the food court, she decided on McDonalds. If you know much about my childhood you know that I survived off of McDonald's chicken nuggets and french fries for most of my childhood. If you have any inclination that I was a picky eater, you would be correct. So, at lunch I defaulted to my childhood delight and shared great conversation with Vivien. After lunch my boots took a little stroll towards Admiralty into Starbucks where I spent the later half of the afternoon sharing my story with another dear friend, Kathy. On a far less significant side note: someone asked me for directions as I was making my way home. Perhaps it was because they assumed I could speak English, or perhaps it was because they figured someone wearing boots was walking in a familiar direction. I'll let you decide. That evening our team gathered together for our first official HK BBQ. We had the great joy of introducing our friends Rick & Rob, who were visiting, to new friends here and watch them connect. We were also able introduce them to some classic American staples such as hamburgers and marshmallows.

No comments: