Monday, February 16, 2009

Balentines in M-town

This weekend I got to escape Auburn for a few days and go to Marietta with my dear friend Hannah. We had a great relaxing weekend full of lots of good food, laughter and memories. One of my favorite moments was Saturday when we went to spend some time reading at Barnes and Noble. We walked in, ordered our coffee [after much deliberation], got out our bibles, opened to a crisp new page in our journals, plugged in our earphones, and began to read. I was about to jot down a thought and then I realized I didn't have a writing utensil. So, as Hannah continues to read, I go on the search for something to write with. You would think in a bookstore this would be something fairly easy to locate especially since there is an entire wall of journals and stationary. But the only thing I could find were ballpoint pens they sold by the register for $14.99. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pen, but I just wanted to write a little in my journal and $14.99 was a little too pricey for me. On my search for a pen I did find something I've been meaning to purchase for a long time: a journal. Are you wondering why I bought another journal when I just mentioned that I already had a journal, and one with a crisp new page open to be exact? Well stay with me...this purchase will hopefully make sense in a minute.
I would really love to be a wife and mother one day. And as I think through the possiblity of that, the Lord has really summoned me to pray for my future family. So over the past few weeks I have started to pray specific things and scripture for my future husband. As I've gone through this process I have really wanted to write down prayers for him, in hopes that someday I'll be able to hand a journal to him which will remind him of God's infinite love for him.
So Mr. Whoever-you-may-be, if you ever happen to read this, I can't wait to share with you all that God has laid on my heart. And I have a really cool journal to give you too.
As I purchased my "Mr." journal, I told the cashier about my search for a pen and he kindly loaned me one from under the register. I returned to my little table and spent some much needed, un-timed, rich time with the Lord.
As to be expected, the rest of the day was full of great adventures around M-town with Hannah.
This video made us laugh a lot that day: Dave Barnes Balentine's Advice
Hope your Valentine's Day was lovely. No pun intended.

No comments: