Saturday, May 22, 2010

a couple more reasons

Simple emails like this one from Trace:
"I'm at the Huntsville Starbucks, it made me think of you."
So much of me wanted to blink my eyes and be at Starbucks sitting across the table from her, finding ourselves in the midst of conversation in an all too familiar coffee shop and talking about about all that has gone in the last 9 months. Perhaps you aren't a supporter of the corporate coffee tycoon, but as soon as I tried a white chocolate mocha (which I'm convinced is the healthiest thing on the menu) I knew Starbucks & I had started a relationship I wasn't going to be able to end. I confess that I used to disdain the taste of their brewed coffee, and still do most of the time, but when there's no coffee in the apartment it is usually my quickest remedy. The times I don't mind drinking Starbucks coffee at all is with my dad. Without question he will spend a few minutes at the coffee preparation station, sit down, take a sip of his coffee and shake his head saying "Whewwww, that's strong stuff" and make his way for some more milk or sugar. Dad is pretty particular about how he likes his coffee, but it's one of those endearing things that reminds me of mornings at home. All that to say, I'm excited about the conversations yet to be had at Starbucks this summer & I'm starting to wonder if I could ask Starbucks for a sponsorship in accordance to the amount of time and money I spend at their locations across the globe. I'll keep you updated with their offers.

No comments: