Wednesday, April 21, 2010

pennies from heaven

Bing Crosby says to make sure your umbrella is upside down when it rains and today my umbrella decided to take initiative and catch my fortune of rain drops as I made my way to the MTR station. The wind acted as a guide as it pushed me through the maze of battling umbrellas and ricocheted between myself and the buildings lining the street. My black satin flats tiptoed around puddles until my depth perception failed me (which happens far too often) and my foot landed completely submerged. At this point rain was blowing under my umbrella and I pulled my purse in close to my torso like it was going to help in some way, still holding my lovely little blue brella over my head as some sort of solace. It was at that moment my umbrella, so poetically, did a back flip as I passed a woman buying an umbrella on the side of the street. With the train station in view, I couldn't help but laugh. Yep, out loud. Thankfully, the train was full of other travelers who were dressed in rain as well.

No comments: