Sunday, December 20, 2009

lately

I've really missed celebrating this season of Hope with my family. As much as I love Christmas music, "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" has sent me into tears more than once thinking about people I love and familiar gatherings. In light of those moments, I know that the Lord has purposed these days so I am choosing to press into the Father's heart and desiring to know him more. There are a few things that have made this HK Christmas memorable already:
Revisiting the age old art of decorating seasonally shaped cookies.
Fatih sharing a few pieces of baklava that his brother brought from Turkey.
Watching the construction of the tiniest gingerbread village.
Caroling at local nursing homes.
Truth that keeps my heart in check. The miracle of miracles, prophecy fulfilled...
Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, a son will be given to us; and the government shall rest upon his shoulders; and his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

1 comment: