Tuesday, December 8, 2009

taking time

If you know me well, you know that I love to look back through old journals and pictures that seem to capture time as it passes all too swiftly. As our team gathered together this week, we collectively practiced looking back on our experiences together this fall and what the Lord has done right before our very eyes. While many of the things mentioned were repeated as we shared, I didn't grow tired of hearing them time and time again. It seemed as if those very memories grew my appreciation and understanding for what He has done among us. He used the same situation to speak much into us as individual children and as a team. For it is only in and through and because of Him that we are satiated by His grace and provision. What a joy it is to look back and watch him make good of all that has come.
I hope that you feel connected to this portion of my journey thus far and in my desire for you to feel that I wanted to share a couple of the things that found their way from my memory to my paper:
For all the promises of God find their Yes in him [Jesus]. That is why it is through him that we utter our Amen to God for his glory. And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.
2 Corinthians 1:20-22
{before my eyes}
  • He has provided for all we need {Matthew 6:25-34}
  • He has most certainly prepared the way before us in a way that we must rely on him {Isaiah 30:21}
  • the soil of hearts softening {Matthew 13:18-23}
{in me}
  • a deeper desire to know him {Jeremiah 29:12 & 13}
  • opportunities to exercise trust in who He is {Hebrews 4:14-16}
  • burden for the nations {Matthew 28:16-20}

No comments: