Tuesday, September 15, 2009

thinking outside the cup

I fear that some days I have restricted experiencing the Lord to the time it takes me to finish two cups of coffee.
He is not bound by time, nor the time I've allotted to be still for that matter.
He desires to speak to his children.
He has a future and a hope for me.
He loves his children with a love that is infinitely wider and deeper than my mind can fathom.
He has grace that abounds beyond my capacity for understanding.
His word is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart [Hebrews 4:12].
As his word is teaching me and changing me, I hope to have eyes that see and ears that hear what he is doing right in front of me.
My heart's desire is to be a woman who is constantly engaging in who He is.

2 comments:

Brandy said...

i love this! miss you. -Jan Taylor would be happy to know you are still enjoying Him and coffee!! :)

John Pritchard said...

and you are. good word mals. convo in order soon.