Monday, March 9, 2009

simple reminder from Josh and Caleb

I had the wonderful chance this weekend to spend time at the lake with our team going to Hong Kong. Friday night as we all congregated on the back porch around an outdoor fire pit, we were constantly summoned to laughter by two of Matt's sons: Josh and Caleb. As they comfortably sat perched on the side wall they quickly discovered that when they laughed really loud there was an echo. This revelation led to them to throw their heads back and yell so loud that their little hands and feet tensed up. All this effort just to hear the echo of their voice across the lake. As they listened to the returning sound, their eyes opened wide and lit up.

The next morning I was reading in Matthew 10:27,

" What I tell you in the dark,

say in the light,

and what you hear whispered,

proclaim on the housetops."

As I read this verse, my mind was immediately drawn back to the memory of Josh and Caleb listening to their echo. May that be my same joy: to hear the glory of God echoing through the nations. I pray that I am a part of the generation who refuses to shrink back and stay quiet. May we consider such a desperation for the gospel to be known that we can do nothing less than throw our heads back and with all the strength and volume we can muster up- proclaim His goodness. Proclaim that He is better. Proclaim that there is one love. Proclaim that there is Hope.

2 comments:

Matt Dean said...

they are screaming like that right now...
good night :)

m & a

Brandy said...

awesome post. your still my favorite