Thursday, July 24, 2008

senior year.

I can't believe that it's already my senior year here at Auburn. Today I had a conversation with a friend about graduation and how exciting it will be when we are done with school and classes. I have to say that I agree to an extent, I'm overwhelmingly excited about being able to have an actual occupation and work with people and not be in a classroom everyday. But right now I want to soak up every minute I have in Auburn. I want to enjoy writing every paper (I'll probably want to retract that statement later), I want to enjoy walking to class everyday, I want to enjoy the volume of Jordan-Hare stadium, I want to cheer louder than I ever have for a great friend who plays center, I want to enjoy watching some of my best friends get married, I want to learn new things about my family, I want to soak up every opportunity I have here at Auburn to make an impact. I'm so tired of wasting days. Auburn has been extremely different that I thought it would be when I came back. Since early July, I have felt incapable of getting a grasp on my life here. I have felt like everyday was another challenge and whenever I would recover- everything turned upside down, but today was absolutely amazing. I can't explain it and I don't really know why but today has been one of my favorite days I've had in Auburn this summer. I haven't done anything particularly exciting or out of the ordinary, but I feel so refreshed today. I can only accredit that to the love of Jesus- He has just given me a fresh joy and peace about my life here.
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times & in every way...
2 Thess. 3:16
I woke late this morning and began to study for my test and then took one of my roommates to her car before class. I was not at all worried about said test because I really enjoy this particular class (Child Development in the Family) and felt prepared- well in glorious fashion I managed to make a 70 on my test. Usually making a C on a test would have, and has, ruined my day and sometimes my week. But today I had a strangely positive attitude about it. Not that I don't care about my grades, I really do, but I recognized today that a test grade was not worthy of stealing my joy. Simple thought I know, but for some reason that simple truth hit home. After I made that beautiful C on my test I went home and cleaned my apartment then began to paint. I am really excited about some ideas that the Lord has given me for a couple of paintings that I'm about to attempt. I'll post some pictures if my hands can transfer the vision from my brain onto a canvas!
Currently I'm writing this post from my favorite coffee shop, drinking my favorite drink - Vanilla Chai- and enjoying the great freedom my schedule allows me this summer to be able to sit at a coffee shop for hours on end and read and study. Today was a beautiful day. Enjoy the day. Soak up the moments. Drink Vanilla Chai. Let the peace of Jesus fill you up- it's incomparable.

No comments: