Saturday, September 18, 2010

if i had a book club, i'd tell you about the book that

I just finished:
The story of the Zeitoun family, located in the heart of New Orleans immediately before & after Katrina. I found the layers of family dynamics, culture, religion, integrity and justice in perfect intersections as I got lost in the reality of a modern day New Orleans.
I'm working on:
A book that is in much less need of introduction. One afternoon Jason let me borrow his copy of this intricate character's tale. Beautifully penned and undeniably entertaining.
I just broke the binding on:
A book that traveled to Hong Kong and back with me late this summer. A timely complying of truth spoken directly to the ideas and culture that are ingrained in each one of us as Americans. It is not a call to life radically for the sake of living radically. Rather, a call to live truly following Christ, surrendered to the truth laid out in scripture and written across our hearts as believers. Currently bookmarked at page 30, my soul is already refreshed and challenged by God's truth spoken through these pages.

1 comment:

han said...

i'll start a book club with you!!!!