Tuesday, March 2, 2010

lessons from habakkuk 2:1

Our church family at IECC has been walking through the book of Habakkuk. We're covering the book in just 3 weeks, but it's been refreshing to really understand the context and gain fresh perspective. Last week (sorry about the delay) we worked through Habakkuk 1:12-2:20. My pen began to scribble in overdrive when we began reading in chapter 2. Habakkuk is speaking of the Lord in verses 1 which reads:
I will take my stand at my watchpost and
[ascend to gain fresh perspective]
station myself on the tower,
[be faithful]
and look out to see what He will say to me,
[be teachable]
and what I will answer concerning my complaint.
[respond in humility]
Oh how my heart needed that [fresh perspective]. Far too often I'm tempted to dissect my circumstances until I'm so focused on them that what matters has become part of my blurred peripheral vision. The Lord gently guided me back to my 'watchpost' to gaze at his Sovereignty and rest in truth.

2 comments:

Matt Dean said...

Thank you for who you are!!!- April

bethgillem said...

needed to read this tonight. thanks, mal.