Friday, January 15, 2010

africa

As I was reading through a portion of Genesis this morning, I was reminded of how good the Lord is to orchestrate our lives so that we may live in humility before him. For each life this process of being humbled will orient hearts to their proper posture through different, unique circumstances. But the great reward is always the same for those who believe in Jesus; we gain Christ and an incomparable relationship with our Creator {Philippians 3:8-9, Psalm 25:9}. In light of this reminder, I have been able to recognize countless circumstances, and new depths of knowledge, that have enabled me to realign my attention to what matters most. One specific way that has enabled me to do this is joining alongside Operation World & The Church atBrook Hills in praying over the entire world. Each day there are specific places and requests listed that enable me to engage on behalf of places I may never see and hearts I may never meet. This week the prayer focus is Africa.
Regardless of my physical presence in a place, it is incredible to think about God moving in hearts all across this globe for his name's sake. It's a beautiful thing. May we be found in awe of how he is intricately weaving our stories together for one grand story of redemption.

No comments: