Friday, November 27, 2009

christmas music is O.K. now.

I know I'm a couple days late. But I hope that Thanksgiving Day was filled with rich conversations and a deeper appreciation for the goodness of the Lord.
As you can imagine, Hong Kong doesn't have an official holiday to celebrate Thanksgiving so on Thursday our team gathered at the Dean's to celebrate. Yes, we even had a Turkey!
A week or so prior to turkey day we were reminiscing and brainstorming over all-too-familiar Thanksgiving dishes, and divided up culinary responsibilities to cover everything. As we brought together different family tastes and traditions, the array of food yielded a feeling of familiarity and a little glimpse of home.
Mom, Dad, Teresa, Carl, Meg [yes, I'm going to name all of you], Ash, Zach, & MC : I missed you so much. Holidays will forever bring memories of each of you. Thank you for celebrating with me what the Lord is doing and for your constant encouragement.
I love and miss each one of you so much.
Of course it was different, but I count it such a blessing to celebrate the Lord's provision here in Hong Kong. When I begin to think back about my journey here and how God has done nothing less than shower goodness upon us, this year's Thanksgiving will be treasured as a day tangibly marked by his provision for a vision.
Looking forward.
Time to turn on Christmas music- my favorite time.

No comments: