Monday, June 8, 2009

intern days

I have the best internship in the world. I am learning more and more that I still have a lot to learn. But in the midst of all my learning, I am having so much fun. Yesterday, I went to see the movie 'Up!' with a group of recent grads. It was really good, if you haven't seen it and you're in the market for a wholesome family film- this movie is great. As you can see, we opted to see the movie in 3-D. Let's be honest, how can you turn down a chance to wear some really stellar glasses and watch a movie at the same time?
Well, along with wearing stellar glasses and going to see movies, I get to spend some great quality time with some of the girls in the youth group. This afternoon, a few of us gathered around a booth in the cafe and talked about grace. There was no set agenda, it was just time to sit and think through what grace means for each one of us. My time with them encouraged me so much and since I started to prepare for our time together I haven't been able to think about much else. While we were dead in our sin, God saw purpose in giving us life and freedom and forgiveness. Grace has inundated my mind. Whether you have 30 seconds or 30 minutes, I would encourage you to take time and think about what grace is. For once you truly encounter the depths in which it is intertwined in our forgiveness, you can never be the same.

No comments: