Friday, July 9, 2010

preposterous

So I sat down to read the other morning and realized that one of the short stack of books on my bed side table held a similar characteristic between it's pages, a bookmark. I know it doesn't seem so preposterous that my books are sandwiching bookmarks, isn't that where bookmarks belong? Inside books? Obviously. The preposterous thing is that my bookmarks seem to find residence about 3/4 of the way through and then the binding of a new book is bent back and my interest drifts towards the beginnings of a new book. I think the creative part of me really enjoys new things, new ideas, new experiences and new starts. It's the beauty of creativity I suppose. But I want to be someone who can appreciate something new and enjoy it all the more as it becomes familiar and known. I want to soak in the richness that comes with depth and time. So I'm starting with my books, going back to the one that has been neglected for far too long and moving my little bookmark till it no longer belongs within those pages. Here's to learning something new each day, even in the things that are familiar.

No comments: