Friday, July 17, 2009

jehovah-jireh

For those of you praying alongside me as I prepare to go to Hong Kong, I hope that these definitions will refocus your perspective as it did mine this afternoon. Yes, I have a responsibility with support and I am learning new things everyday through the process; but, at the end of the day, The Lord is my provider. So as we draw near to Him and ask for financial support for my time there, remember that He is faithful to provide for what He has called us to do. And as He provides financially, He is also providing our hearts with understanding and grace in each moment so that we may be lights in this darkness. I also want to thank you because Jehovah-Jireh has provided me with incredible brothers & sisters in Christ who believe in His Sovereignty to encourage me along the way with laughter and prayers. Thank you for partnering with me, I'm so excited to share this journey with you.
"JEHOVAH:
LORD in our English Bibles (all capitals). Yahweh is the covenant name of God. Occurs 6823 times in the Old Testament. First use Gen. 2:4 (Jehovah Elohim). From the verb "to be", havah, similar to chavah (to live), "The Self-Existent One," "I AM WHO I AM" or 'I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE" as revealed to Moses at the burning bush, Ex.3.
JEHOVAH-JIREH: "The Lord will Provide." Gen. 22:14. From "jireh" ("to see" or "to provide," or to "foresee" as a prophet.)"

No comments: